Friday, July 15, 2011

Oranizing my destop

So I decided to add the apps I use a lot, to my tablet's desktop.
I did a long press on the home screen and a dialog box appeared, giving me the option to add a shortcut to the screen. The problem is that when I chose this option, it did not list all my apps, only some of them. So I opened my launcher tab instead and performed a long press on one of my apps. It was immediately copied to the home screen. Success! I copied the rest of the apps this way to my home screen.

Back on my home screen, I removed the icons that I didn't want. I followed the steps on page 19 of the owner's manual. I did a long press (press and hold) on each icon and dragged each one over to the trash can that appears on the launcher tab. I then moved my new apps around to where I wanted them on the screen by using the same long press on the icons. Now I have my home screen just the way I want it!

By the way, if you haven't done it already, copy a pdf of your tablet's owner's manual to your tablet, so you will always have it with you for reference.

1 comment: