Sunday, July 10, 2011

Importing Palm memos and my current list of apps

So today I imported memo files from my Palm desktop on my PC into NoteEverything. Memo files are text files on my Palm device, which can be organized into different categories.

The process worked and was fairly straightforward. I followed these instructions on the SoftXperience website. I experienced a couple of gotchas: it is best to do this with the tablet held in portrait orientation. That way you can see the full pop up menus. (I had the tablet in landscape orientation and couldn't find the "Import from Palm Memos" option. At first I didn't notice the little scroll bar and the options below the screen. If I had held my tablet in portrait mode, this would not have been a issue.) NoteEverything defaults to the /nand directory. To get to my SD Card, I have to select Parent Directory to get to the root / directory. Once I was there I found my SD Card and the file I needed to select for the import.
I now have all my memo files on my tablet so I don't need to do any conversions.

My current list of apps on my tablet:
  • Docs to Go (full version)
  • Swype
  • Graffiti for Android
  • NoteEverything
  • Wiki Mind
  • ES File Manager
  • Dolphin browser

No comments:

Post a Comment